You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-08 23:02:25

nomorewindows

gpsd not working but using gps directly through serial port works fine

This usb gps used to work fine with gpsd, but now the only way I can get the coordinates is if I pass the serial device to the gps aware program.  It even shows up in lsusb, but gpsctl says it is not present.  gpsd acknowledges that a device is connected, but treats it as unknown.  So I can see coordinates if I use gpsmon /dev/gps0, but not any other way.  Qgis will get the coordinates directly via serial also.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#2 2015-01-18 01:54:48

nomorewindows

Re: gpsd not working but using gps directly through serial port works fine

Apparently I can restore expected functionality by adding my user to uucp group, and running gpsd -bnN /dev/gps0 instead of systemctl gpsd.  Setting features in /etc/gpsd.conf is not changing how it functions.  Is there something in udev rules that have changed?

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#3 2015-01-19 03:00:15

nomorewindows

gpsd package updated today, but there doesn't seem to be any change.

Look ma, no mouse.

#4 2015-01-21 10:56:50

nomorewindows

It looks as if systemd isn't getting gpsd to work.  But manually starting gpsd from root everything's ok.

Look ma, no mouse.

#5 2015-02-14 14:56:43

nomorewindows

According to https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38207?p … &pagenum=3 moving or copying gpsd.conf to /etc/default seems to make a difference.

Look ma, no mouse.

Board footer