You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-27 22:52:18

sullivanva

Promotion of Arch through job interviews

So I'm not getting that loving feeling from my current job and so lately I've been going on a lot of job interviews.  They see the Linux on the resume, and I've been asked at least 5 times what distro I run at home.  I say Arch Linux, and they scratch their heads, but it has been implanted in their brains.

I remember when it happened to me.  The guy said, "Go to distrowatch, and look for the one with the Star Trek logo".  I was hooked.  Then I got disenchanted, then I tried out other distros, and then I came back sulking.

Word of mouth, brothers and sisters!  I'm doing badly on my interviews on purpose, so I can do more and keep spreading the word. 

My name is HAPS and I approve this message.

--HAPS

#2 2006-02-27 23:00:25

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Re: Promotion of Arch through job interviews

Five interviews, congratulations. I can only ever get one and I've never successfully managed one...

Dusty

#3 2006-02-27 23:12:38

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Promotion of Arch through job interviews

I get asked that too. I always say "It depends on what I am doing with it"..this is an open ended statement, and usually garners a follow up question or two..so I can talk about servers and other software i have used..
smile

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer