You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-20 18:49:08

hawaiicharles

Can't access archlinux.org from behind CheckPoint firewall

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find one that relates specifically to issues with the website.

I'm in a corporate environment that has a CheckPoint firewall which does SSL inspection.  Behind this firewall, I cannot access the archlinux website at all.  Any browser that I use claims the website does not exist.  I can make the website accessible if I do either one of the following:
1. Turn off SSL inspection completely
2. Make a rule so that my own computer bypasses SSL inspection.

A third option, which would be preferable, would be to make a rule so that SSL inspection is bypassed specifically for the archlinux website.  However, I have not been able to make that work.  The logs show that my browser is trying to go to https://gudrun.archlinux.org, however, even if I put that in the bypass rule, it still doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, have you been able to solve it?

#2 2015-05-11 11:32:57

Arhat
Website

Re: Can't access archlinux.org from behind CheckPoint firewall

Any ideas on this? I'm experiencing the same problems, ssl decyption and a PaloAlto firewall.

I have no problems defining an exception though, for *.archlinux.org. Just curious if I find another way to solve this in case I experience a similar problem like this with other sites. (basically the third option above works for me)

Last edited by Arhat (2015-05-11 11:37:36)

Board footer