You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-21 16:12:50

piedro

Libreoffice doesn't respect my font settings...

Hello!

After following the arch wiki on libreoffice I have been able to replace the menu fonts of libreoffice with my system font.
Which is "Lucida Mac, 13pt"... a bit big, a bit bold but I am not that good with my eyes, so that's my choice.

GTK settings are all in place and every single GTK application I use respects the settings except Libreoffice. 

Also symbols and icons within dialogs (e.g. "open file") do not use the systemsettings icons for GTK but rather some very old GTK2 icons it seems though I tried different settings for GTK applications.

Now the Arch Wiki seems not to be up to date on some things, so I am asking here:

1) how do I get libreoffice (-fresh) to respect my fonts within the status bars and some dialogs?
Those are tiny and clearly some other font there. I already activated the "Andale Sans UI" replacement with "Lucida MAC"...

2) I also created ~/.bashrc and added "export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=kde4" - with no effect I can see...

3) suggested integration package "libreoffice-kde4" doesn't exist at all... neither in AUR nor in the main repositories...
It exists for libreoffice-still so I tried reinstalling after removing libreoffice-fresh. Now libreoffice writer does not start:
"loading component library failed: file:///usr/lib/libreoffice/program/../program/libswlo.so"... Since I have no idea what's wrong here and not convinced that downgrading libreoffice will solve my font and symbol problems I reinstalled the -fresh packages...

4) The last hint has been to use "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde4 lowriter" within ~/.bashrc ... I do not understand how to do that and why it should help with the integration...

Please anyone who knows: How can I make libreoffice respect my system icons, fonts and use KDE4 applicaitons like Doplphin for dialogs and helper calls... ?

On a side note I would use the calligra suite but translations are lacking and all the toolboxes cannot be read with increased font sizes. Obviously the boxes for the tool settings and choices do not scale with the fonts. Neither do the tool icons... it is sad... 

thanks for any help,
piedro

Board footer