You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-04 17:58:36

BashBeard

hwclock , cannot access hardware clock

I just installed arch for the first time on my laptop, no issues everything runs well.

I am currently trying to install arch onto my desktop. I have two hardrives one with windows on it and a seperate one that I am putting arch onto. I have had no issues with the install until I got to setting the hardware clock.

when I run :  hwclock --debug
hwclock from util-linux 2.25.2
hwclock: cannot open /dev/rtc: no such file or directory
No usable clock interface found
hwclock: Cannot access the hardware clock via any known method

I have searched for this and I assume it has something to do with windows but, I can't solve this issue.

#2 2015-02-04 18:44:51

mauritiusdadd

Re: hwclock , cannot access hardware clock

Hi BashBeard,
by any chance are you using a custom kernel?
can you post the output of the following command?

gzip -cd /proc/config.gz | grep RTC

About me - github

-- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth -- Spock | Sherlock Holmes

#3 2015-02-04 18:50:19

alphaniner

Re: hwclock , cannot access hardware clock

It's nothing to do with Windows. Are you in a chroot? If so, did you use arch-chroot? More to the point, if you switch to a different TTY and run 'mount' does it indicate something mounted on dev below the chroot root directory? Eg. if you chroot'ed to /mnt, you should see something like

$ mount
udev on /mnt/dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=4086068k,nr_inodes=1021517,mode=755)

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer