You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-10 03:37:15

soundprizm

Fbterm possibility?

Hey everyone! I've been using Arch for a while now and finally have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to anywhere. Is it possible to have a fbcondecor like effect with systemd's boot messages? For example, utilize fbterm instead of the kernel console to display a background image while the boot log is scrolling (before login). It's just an eye-candy thing, but still... is it possible? I can get fbterm to start AFTER login, but not before. According to the terminal's description, it is a possible kernel console replacement, but I'm too much of a newb to know how to go about it, or if something like that would even work. Any ideas?

#2 2015-02-10 04:46:11

karol
Archivist

Re: Fbterm possibility?

How slow is your boot for this to matter?
You can turn off boot messages - would this "solve" the problem? ;P

#3 2015-02-10 15:40:16

soundprizm

Re: Fbterm possibility?

But I kinda dig those boot messages! :-) 

It takes a little bit to boot up--I have a btrfs check that goes on that slows it up a little, but I don't mind... I'm running GDM, so I don't have a boot splash, and I thought it would just be cool to have an image in the background of the systemd console log (I don't even know if I'm saying it right). It's the bit where the messages pop up with the green OK's.

Board footer