You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-11 04:06:19

Altay_H

Dock with configurable left-click behavior (for Openbox)

I'm currently using Openbox with a Plank as a dock, but there's one thing about it that gets on my nerves and is not configurable as far as I can tell. When I click the icon of an application which has multiple instances running, Plank will switch the focus to an instance of that application. So far so good. However, if I click the icon again it will minimize all of the instances on the current workspace. Clicking it yet again unminimizes them.

The behavior I desire is that clicking on the icon (while the application is focused) would switch the focus to the next instance of that application. Clicking it multiple times would cycle through all instances, like an application-specific Alt-Tab. This behavior is possible in Windows with a registry hack.

If there's a way to get Plank to exhibit this behavior that'd be great, but since I don't think that's the case what I'm really looking for is a recommendation of a dock that can.

#2 2015-02-11 14:11:09

drcouzelis
Website

Re: Dock with configurable left-click behavior (for Openbox)

I suggest you contact the software developer for "plank" and ask him to implement that feature. It may be a simple change in the code. smile

#3 2015-02-11 20:14:03

Altay_H

Re: Dock with configurable left-click behavior (for Openbox)

That's a good point. I went ahead and posted the question on Plank's Launchpad, which is probably a more appropriate place to ask. Thanks.

Board footer