You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-11 20:44:53

olliegab

[SOLVED]Connect with gigolo to my NAS

A couple of years ago I installed Arch, using the excellent Beginners Guide, and most of it just worked. I had a few problems then but they got ironed out with the help of Google and the Arch community.
I have now installed Arch Linux again - next to a few other Linux distros and Windows 7 on my hard drive. On the other Linux distros I have used gigolo to access my files on my NAS and it has more or less worked out of the box.
This time, after installing gigolo again, there seems to be some differences in the gigolo application. For instance, there is no Windows share option in the drop down menu. Don't know if I actually need to select Windows share but that is what works just fine with my other Linux distros - so I stick to it.
I have also tried the SSH option - and installed relevant software on my machine (I think!) but I just get the message: Connection refused. And it says: 'sftp://192.168.1.10/" failed'. Is ssh and sftp the same thing?
Any pointers?

Last edited by olliegab (2015-02-12 20:40:49)

#2 2015-02-11 23:42:32

toz

Re: [SOLVED]Connect with gigolo to my NAS

olliegab wrote:

For instance, there is no Windows share option in the drop down menu.

You need to have the gvfs-smb package installed for gigolo to be able to access windows shares.

I have also tried the SSH option - and installed relevant software on my machine (I think!) but I just get the message: Connection refused. And it says: 'sftp://192.168.1.10/" failed'.

Is your NAS configured to accept sftp connections?

Is ssh and sftp the same thing?

See: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Secure_Shell and https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SFTP

#3 2015-02-12 20:41:25

olliegab

Re: [SOLVED]Connect with gigolo to my NAS

It really is quite easy when you know!
Cheers, mate!

Board footer