You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-21 22:03:43

Azagaros

learning to configure this system

I am new to arch linux and learning as I go.  It has been interesting just getting a system to install.   On a Uefi bios box the CD rom would boot to pxe and find no host to resolve out after finding the net adapter.  So I installed Arch on usb-hd with the laptop which worked after I got enough of the beginners guide sorted out for my needs.

I am currently wondering how to make this disk boot on two computers and find the network information by probing for the net adapter.  After that getting dhcp started to make the network work.  I have sorted out how to do this manually but I am wanting to get further in this build configuration so I can plug it into other computers for demonstration purposes.

The second goal is to get xserver-wayland working and making the os boot to this state.  Weston comes up no issues but the old command of starting x was not working.  Then the task is configuring a desktop environment.  I am still looking into documents and reading but could use ideas of directions.

I am currently building this idea to get away from fedora which handled these tasks nicely.  Any help would be useful and appreciated.

Azagaros

#2 2015-02-21 23:27:51

onslow77

Re: learning to configure this system

Hello,

Welcome to arch linux Azagaros!

I get right on it: I suggest you read the Forum etiquette in order to enhance the forum experiance for you and others. I also suggest that you read the wiki pages for things that you whant to accomplish: For instance wayland have a dedicated wiki page, see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wayland, and most of the time, the info you seek is allready in the wiki. If you still having trouble, then there are lots of people in here that can help you out.

Regards
Martin

Last edited by onslow77 (2015-02-21 23:31:57)

It is advised to follow the How to post guide when posting on the Arch forum. If one consciously jumps over these elementary steps like reading the wiki and providing necessary information about the problem, one can be regarded as a Help Vampire.

Board footer