You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-15 15:44:03

Polybiusx

Connection Refused by localhost

Good morning all. I'm very new (hence the newbie corner) so I was hoping to get some insight on an issue I've run up against and haven't figured out yet. I have -Syu'd and am using the most recent yaourt and yaourt-gui packages from AUR to install packages more easily. I recently installed the most recent plex-media-server-plexpass package, which requires I access it through localhost:32400.

So this is where I get the "Connection to the Server Refused" when trying to access the localhost. Unless a firewall got added in the original Arch install or KDE/plasma packages, I have not deliberately installed a software firewall in this system, so to my knowledge that's not the issue. Do I need to be running Apache/LAMP? Is there something in permissions I am missing?

Thanks for the help.

Note that I know the service is running, as when I go to /opt/plexmediaserver and run sh start.sh I am notified that the service is already running.

#2 2015-03-15 15:51:54

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Connection Refused by localhost

Are you attempting to access it through a web browser, or how?  Have you tried http://localhost:32400/web/ as suggested in the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Plex

To Be A Dev: propose idea; invite feedback; mock, ridicule, and ostracize any critical feedback; but be warm and kind to those who kiss your ring.

#3 2015-03-15 16:01:01

Polybiusx

In Konqueror, I type that URL in exactly and it comes up with the connection refused. Interestingly, if I click on that link, it instead sends me to http://localhost:32400/web/index.html which shows up as a blank page with no content and a black background.

#4 2015-03-15 16:48:42

Polybiusx

This is now resolved. Apparently Konqueror does not support the Plex interface appropriately and Chrome or other compatible browser must be used. The URL also has to be localhost:32400/web/index.html to avoid the error.

#5 2015-03-15 17:11:38

ewaller
Administrator

Glad it is solved smile   I guess I'll drag you through iptables -L and %netstat -lp  another time tongue

BTW, I serve Plex from this laptop to my Roku -- it is pretty much my entire TV watching solution.  I don't know what you intend to stream, but I find that a lot of the commercial stuff from the major broadcasters don't stream to the browser that well.  I have better luck plexhometheater

Be sure to add [SOLVED] to the thread title.

Last edited by ewaller (2015-03-15 17:12:21)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer