You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-16 16:32:07

shirish

for a newbie it isn't easy doing the anti-spam riddle.

Hi there,
there are multiple quotes in the anti-spam riddle. It is and would be nice if the anti-spam question also tells about the which quotes not to use.  I had to go to an IRC channel to figure out what I was doing wrong, somebody was patient enough to walk through it, don't expect for everybody to go via that way or have that much patience to figure out where it went wrong.

#2 2015-03-16 17:14:39

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: for a newbie it isn't easy doing the anti-spam riddle.

Quoting is one of the fundamentals of using a shell: not only is the captcha appropriate, it has almost completely eliminated spam from the boards.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2015-03-16 17:23:22

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

don't expect for everybody to go via that way or have that much patience to figure out where it went wrong.

People who don't have the patience to solve this little riddle will doubtfully have much fun using Arch.

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#4 2015-03-16 17:55:59

karol
Archivist

See https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 31#p879031 for one of the previous discussions.

#5 2015-03-16 18:07:45

nullified

shirish wrote:

Hi there,
there are multiple quotes in the anti-spam riddle. It is and would be nice if the anti-spam question also tells about the which quotes not to use.  I had to go to an IRC channel to figure out what I was doing wrong, somebody was patient enough to walk through it, don't expect for everybody to go via that way or have that much patience to figure out where it went wrong.

Is this really a riddle? What happened to trial and error? If it didn't work with the quotes, you try it without the quotes. If there are 2 sets of quotes, that's 4 tries...

"We may say most aptly, that the Analytical Engine weaves algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard-loom weaves flowers and leaves." - Ada Lovelace

Board footer