You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-17 16:12:55

synec-

Intel 7260 does not work on open networks/filtered ports

Hi Everyone! I made sure to check if this was posted before and tried to fix everything I could before asking you guys. For the past few days, I have been using Android wifi tethering as I was unable to get the speed up above 1000 B/s at my school. This means that the pings work, but I am unable to do anything else.

I have the latest kernel and the latest firmware (downloaded from the iwlwifi kernel.org section) and am currently using NetworkManager. My wifi works on my WPA network at home, but nowhere else. This is a fresh install of Arch running Gnome.

Laptop model: ASUS Q302LA

Outputs of my stuff:

lspci gives me:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT DRAM Controller (rev 0b)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT HD Audio Controller (rev 0b)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Device 0a03 (rev 0b)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series USB xHCI HC (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series HECI #0 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series HD Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev e4)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev e4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series USB EHCI #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series SMBus Controller (rev 04)
02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev cb)

uname -r is:

3.18.6-1-ARCH

Config on the settings is all the automatic ones. I get the signal strength and the speed but data transfers at a ridiculously slow rate. When I had Windows, it was 50 Mb/S.

If you need anything else, I can give you all you need.
All ports are filtered.

Thank you for helping. If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

#2 2015-03-20 02:18:15

synec-

Re: Intel 7260 does not work on open networks/filtered ports

For people that end up stumbling upon this thread: I talked to the IT director at my school and he said that it's normal for Linux (using open source drivers) users to find problems with connection. (Also, the USB wifi card I tried did not work.) As of now, it's a problem on the provider's end. If you can, ask them to update their "wifi stuff" and if that doesn't work, see if you can get them to secure the network with WPA2/PSK. (Probably won't happen) I was fortunate that I contacted him during the planning phase for securing the wifi and only had to wait a few days.

Keep it Simple

Board footer