You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-20 18:08:28

LeonardK

[SOLVED]Concerning sirius: some building + PKGBUILD/.SRCINFO questions

[first from scratch pkgbuild]
Hello,

I'm so far as I have an *almost* working (only dummy package() function yet) PKGBUILD (link; plain) for sirius , sadly the build itself won't work, as it fails with a python syntax error, eg:

if prot <> 'public':

on the '>'. It does not seem to be a sourcecode bug, neither a Python3 regression (tested with venv for Python2, too).

I'm thus currently a bit clueless.

On the general side:
I've read in some .SRCINFO file "generated by makepkg" - how do you do that? I haven't found an option for that neither in the manpages nor in the help :-/

Is there an application to auto-test for "automatically matched" dependencies - ie. when a dependency is already satisfied due to an other dependencies dependency on it? This would be helpful.

It's my first from-scratch PKGBUILD, so, if you find anything to improve I'ld appreciate it if you'ld point it out :-)

Last edited by LeonardK (2015-05-19 09:17:16)

It's 106 miles to Chicago we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

#2 2015-03-20 18:12:17

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Re: [SOLVED]Concerning sirius: some building + PKGBUILD/.SRCINFO questions

LeonardK wrote:

[first from scratch pkgbuild]
Hello,

I'm so far as I have an *almost* working (only dummy package() function yet) PKGBUILD (link; plain) for sirius , sadly the build itself won't work, as it fails with a python syntax error, eg:

if prot <> 'public':

on the '>'. It does not seem to be a sourcecode bug, neither a Python3 regression (tested with venv for Python2, too).

I'm thus currently a bit clueless.

Are these commands the upstream instructions? If so, you might open an issue with them.

On the general side:
I've read in some .SRCINFO file "generated by makepkg" - how do you do that? I haven't found an option for that neither in the manpages nor in the help :-/

makepkg --source ?

Is there an application to auto-test for "automatically matched" dependencies - ie. when a dependency is already satisfied due to an other dependencies dependency on it? This would be helpful.

namcap

It's my first from-scratch PKGBUILD, so, if you find anything to improve I'ld appreciate it if you'ld point it out :-)

pkgver for git VCS always makes me cry tongue

Last edited by Alad (2015-03-20 18:12:26)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#3 2015-03-20 18:27:45

LeonardK

Alad wrote:

Are these commands the upstream instructions? If so, you might open an issue with them.

Yep, but others seem not to have these issues

makepkg --source ?

Is it necessery to download everything for that?
The manpage actually gives me:

Do not actually build the package, but build a source-only tarball that does not include sources that can be fetched via a download URL.
This is useful for passing a single tarball to another program such as a chroot, remote builder, or a tarball upload. Because integrity
checks are verified, all source files of the package need to be present or downloadable.

But if it does it I probably will go through the hassle ;-)

namcap

Already run it before, it only throw a warning about missing maintainer-flag so I think I can suppose it's all well ;-)

pkgver for git VCS always makes me cry tongue

It's a bit unhandy, ye, but you only have to write it once big_smile

Thx for the fast reply big_smile

Last edited by LeonardK (2015-03-20 18:28:02)

It's 106 miles to Chicago we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

#4 2015-05-19 09:16:58

LeonardK

Probably I shouldn't have started with such a "difficult" package... . Thanks for answering, I now got anything for now. Need to get a newer machine though, compiling that much stuff is a mess.

Board footer