You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-30 21:59:06

TheGasolineWillBeOurs

Oculus Rift DK2

I bought an Oculus Rift DK2 to play around with it. Did anyone manage to get it running?

I installed oculus-rift-sdk-jherico-git from the AUR. I actually don't know what this package does or what it is supposed to do.

Then I installed oculus-udev, which should set the correct udev rules. According to what I read, it should set the 666 mode on /dev/hidraw*, which it doesn't. I set them by hand for now.

I also followed the wiki entry here, I can see my screen in the Oculus Rift, no matter what permissions I set on /dev/hidraw*.

Now I wanted to start the OculusConfigUtil, however, "The service is not connected". I don't know what to do next. Any advice?

#2 2015-12-03 14:20:50

SquidKid

Re: Oculus Rift DK2

In the spirit of XKCD #979:

I ran into the same issue, but just with using the official 0.5.0.1 version of the Oculus SDK. It turns out that you have to manually make sure the service ovrd is running, which can be found in the Service directory of the Oculus SDK.
Make sure you have no other Oculus Rift devices connected (such as the DK1 without power). Also, should the Configuration Utility report the tracker to be working but the HMD/monitor to be missing, simply restart the X Server after plugging in the Oculus Rift.

You should be able to get both the DK1 and DK2 working with the same SDK version.

#3 2015-12-03 14:58:03

TheGasolineWillBeOurs

Re: Oculus Rift DK2

You found my favorite xkcd comic.

Eventually I got it running, but only a very few applications would work on Linux.

The most helpful resource I found was this one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus_linux/

Board footer