You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-11 14:47:52

peabrain

ALSA troubles

I'm using kernel 2.6.15.6, and I've enabled ALSA. My soundcard is integrated on motherboard and named "Intel High Definition Audio", which I've enable as a module. lspci doesn't show my soundcard (though I'm not sure if it's even supposed to).

As guided in other threads on this forum, I've disabled hotplug daemon and commented out all oss-compatibility related in modprobe.conf. I hear sound, but not without issues.

First of all, alsamixer has to be started with -c 1, or it says "no mixer elems found".   Secondly, when using amaroK sound rattles disturbingly, and if I choose amaroK to use Alsa instead of Autodetect, amaroK crashes.

XMMS plays audio fine, if I configure it to use audio device hw:1,0 instead of default. Otherwise XMMS displays an error.

I could use XMMS instead of amaroK, and start alsamixer with -c 1, but I suppose everything is not in order, and I will eventually bump into problems.
So any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I should've figured this out on my own.

#2 2006-03-11 18:35:49

dalcasey

Re: ALSA troubles

You've probably tried this already, but for the Amarok issue try getting into the engine options (I recommend xine (pacman -S amarok-engine-xine)) and from there setting your sound configuration to match best what your speaker set up is. If that doesn't work I recommend double checking everything that you have done, and if you didn't use alsaconf to select your sound card maybe trying that will help too.

Don't count on a fix, I'm still a noob myself but that's my two cents. Please post if you get it going, and when you solve it please edit the title with (solved) big_smile

Tux has helped me close the gates! big_smile

#3 2006-03-11 18:47:23

newgargamel

Re: ALSA troubles

Alsa still doesn't support HA Audio(Azalia) very well sad I have ALC880 and I had to compile alsa modules into kernel to get it working well. Other chips like ALC260(?) still have big problems. But there is a chance that Alsa 1.0.11 will work much better smile

Board footer