You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-06 17:31:07

echota

wicd: PEAP with GTC "bad password" error

Originally when I tried to connect to my university's network I used PEAP with TKIP/MSCHAPV2, but this resulted in a "bad password" error. The suggested fix was to use PEAP with GTC. This worked for some time, but as of a recent Syu I am now frequently getting a "bad password" error even when using PEAP with GTC. Eventually I can connect, but it takes several tries over an indefinite period of time (upwards of twenty minutes). While this is not impossible to work with, it is not ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I am getting frequent disconnects.

wicd version 1.7.3-1

#2 2015-04-11 23:57:11

cmorgenstern
Website

Re: wicd: PEAP with GTC "bad password" error

Can you post the output of your wicd.log file when trying to connect with PEAP-GTC?

Also, can you provide a few more details about what kind of an authentication system your university has for accessing the wifi? How are the username and password defined? Have you tried taking your system into the computing department to see if they can work with you to get things working?

I had a similar problem when I was attending college (I was probably the only Linux user on campus), but by working with our computing department and troubleshooting the problem myself, I was able to get in working in a fairly reliable fashion.

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence."
~ Napoleon I

Board footer