You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-14 00:50:49

_Gandalf_

vhcs, some questions regarding Directories

Hello,

So after being a while with Arch, it's time now to build VHCS for it, But i need an answer to a simple question:
VHCS usually live in /var/www/vhcs2 and the websites live in /var/www/virtual that's how VHCS construct them, but that is not at all Arch way, so my question is, Do i change the folders ? if yes where would i throw them?, /opt/vhcs2 and /home/httpd/www/virtual ?? it is much better to keep them in place since i'd have to patch some considerable amount of files to change default folders but it is not impossible, so give me ur suggestions please!

Thx

#2 2006-03-14 02:32:33

_Gandalf_

Re: vhcs, some questions regarding Directories

I have another question, This software include custom configurations, let's take for example proftpd, VHCS require a custom /etc/proftpd.conf so how do i do in order to get that file in place? if i put it in package there will be a conflict and if i didn't then it won't work, also if I told the user to do it himself it would be a lot of work for him as there's many files like this sad

#3 2006-03-14 15:53:27

Romashka
Forum Fellow

I was planning to start digging into VHCS this week, but currently I have not much time. I'm glad to hear that you are going to make PKGBUILD for VHCS too. smile
I think it is better to start from default dir layout and proftpd.conf.vhcs + instructions for user. Then when VHCS will be working OK - it may be improved. Working with real VHCS on Arch should reveal all pros and cons of starting PKGBUILD. smile

to live is to die

#4 2006-03-14 19:33:42

_Gandalf_

Hmm what about a custom proftpd/postfix/courier-imap versions roll

#5 2006-03-15 08:19:52

Romashka
Forum Fellow

Yes, maybe this will be better.
Then we will have vhcs and vhcs-proftpd, vhcs-postfix, vhcs-courier-imap packages that will conflict with proftpd, postfix and courier-imap.

to live is to die

Board footer