You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-17 04:22:44

QuimaxW
Website

GThumb Alternative

So...running XFCE...and it seems like every time I find an application I like that fits perfectly what I need, it's a gnome app that ends up getting the CSD decorations that absolutely drive me batty! Evince...great app...went CSD, thankfully the folks at Mate had ported it with no CSD stuff and it works perfectly in XFCE. I have not found anything like that for gthumb, and I really don't have the time to learn the coding to make a patch for it. (Otherwise, I would and dump it into the AUR.)

After searching for a while, I haven't found anything that's heavier than ristretto and lighter than gimp. All I really want is a "gallery" view with basic rotate/crop/resize functions. I know, this post may just end up being a rant over the CSD decorations; but does anyone have a suggestion?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

#2 2015-04-17 05:02:07

progandy

Re: GThumb Alternative

Did youo go through this list? https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Li … #Graphical
I think geeqie or phototonic may work.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#3 2015-04-17 13:36:38

QuimaxW
Website

Re: GThumb Alternative

Thanks for that list...I had found a list at XFCE's site, but hadn't seen that list. A couple of them look promising, we'll see...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Board footer