You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-21 05:27:20

vlast777

Touchpad Acer Aspire E15

Hello,

I recently installed Arch Linux on my newly bought Acer Aspire E15 and everything seems to work pretty much out of the box (except for the WiFi card, but i found a working driver inside the AUR).

Now the only thing which I don't get to work is my Laptops Touchpad.
I installed the xf86-input-synaptics package and created the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-cros-touchpad.conf to look like this:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier      "touchpad peppy cyapa"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
    MatchProduct    "cyapa"
    Option          "FingerLow" "10"
    Option          "FingerHigh" "10"
EndSection

But it still does not work.
Did anyone succeed in getting things working corretly!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

#2 2015-06-27 22:08:17

nashumannn

Re: Touchpad Acer Aspire E15

Hello there!

In case you're still on the hook with it; I have the following tips that worked awesome for me:

• add `i8042.nopnp` as a kernel parameter (see this link) for how to set those up on your respective bootloader

• presuming you have an identical machine to the one I got; go into the BIOS menu where you should find a trackpad mode option field; select `advanced`

And that should do it.

Please note though that the trackpads on the Aspire One series are weird; in that their behaviour is as follows:

• the whole thing is just a huge button with multi-touch support

• a single click just implies you press the pad anywhere (unless you set `tap-to-click`; in which case it's still the same behaviour)

• a two-finger press [or tap] is a right-click

• a three finger press [or tap] is a middle/wheel click

Note that these characteristics are of the hardware itself; so you won't find anything that can make the bottom-right hand-side corner into the right click or stuff like that; which can be pretty annoying.
Conversely; the multi-touch in `advanced mode` [*rolls eyes*] works nicely enough; and you can find a nice bunch of DE/apps to take full advantage of such capabilities.

Hope this helped.
Cheers,
        Nashwan.

PS: I'm surprised you had Wi-Fi problems; mine worked fine out of the box.
PPS: add the `ahci` module in mkinitcpio.conf if you're laptop doesn't provide SATA interfacing either (almost lost my mind with that one).
PPPS: in case you suffer from spontaneous crashes/hangs on boots on the latest kernels (god knows I did today), be sure to blacklist `dw_dmac` and `dw_dmac_core`.
PPPPS: I do wholeheartedly recommend acerhdf; makes the fan noise much more sane (especially if you made the effort to get an SSD for the thing).

Last edited by nashumannn (2015-06-27 22:09:47)

Board footer