You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-29 03:14:27

Lord_Sunday123

Booting doesn't show all the stuff it should

Sorry for the title being vague, but there is no easy way to describe it really.

Ever since I plugged in my 'new' monitor (read, free old 4:3 panel), the computer boots, shows the parts about file checks, but goes to a blank, black screen for 10 to 15 seconds and proceeds to the login screen. Now, this isn't a major problem, but I'd like to see where SystemD is enabling/starting all the background processes. I've found that to be very helpful when troubleshooting in the past, and I'd rather have it scrolling past so I know everything is working correctly.

I was wondering if it could have to do with the difference is monitor resolutions and aspect ratios, because one monitor (it's a small, bad TV), is 16:9 aspect ratio, at like, 1360x768 pixels, and the actual monitor is 1200x1024 pixels or something to the same effect. And because its relevant, my graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 560 TI, and the tv is hooked up by HDMI and the monitor is hooked up by DVI.

If anyone can help, that'd be great. I didn't do anything to set up the new monitor after plugging it in, so did I miss something after doing that, or? Like I said, it isn't a huge problem, but I'd still like it fixed. Thanks!

#2 2015-04-29 06:12:03

Rone

Re: Booting doesn't show all the stuff it should

It won't help you, but just to say that those very minimal outputs are probably the default behaviour of systemd init system.
For me it's the same outputs since arch has adopted systemd, but your right, it helps to see output status regarding to the daemon launched at boot.

#3 2015-04-29 06:50:52

GloW_on_dub

What is your kernel command line ?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_parameters

Last edited by GloW_on_dub (2015-04-29 06:51:38)

#4 2015-04-29 06:53:03

Lord_Sunday123

GloW_on_dub wrote:

Thats the weirdest part. I think it might just be really quick boot time, because I've been having to reboot a good bit lately, and it actually worked every other time or so. I think the black screen might just be SDDM trying to catch up or something. Weird, but I'll take it I suppose.

#5 2015-04-29 07:24:22

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … modules.22

Basicly the same issue, note that on the tty you can only clone with the same res.

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer