You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-02 04:07:49

dongroh

Need help hibernating with syslinux.

I am trying to setup hibernation on my laptop. I have a plenty large swap and it is enabled on startup via the fstab. I use syslinux as a boot loader and have made configuration changes with success already. I added resume=my_swap_partition to APPEND and am trying to use systemctl hibernate. When I run the command my screen goes black then a black cursor in the upper left of my display on a grey screen and then black again and then the grey and cursor again. Then I power back up and it had shutdown, not hibernated...

I was thinking maybe it has to do with the fact that I try to resume with my laptop's power button?
Do I need to write a hook so that my power button acts as resume?
I haven't attempted to make any hooks (although I suppose I would like to set my power button to hibernate and resume on a single push, and other convenient hooks for hibernation), and wasn't under the impression that I would need a hook for systemctl hibernate and resuming,

Thanks, y'all.

#2 2015-05-02 14:21:10

aiBo

Re: Need help hibernating with syslinux.

Speaking of hooks, have you added the resume hook to your initramfs and recreated the initramfs as mentioned in the wiki?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Su … _initramfs

Board footer