You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-17 03:14:53

sud_crow
Website

Bash-Completion notice

Hi,
I already flagged bash-completion several days ago in the packages system, but i wanted to stress the need for an update, here is the extract from the developer's site: http://www.caliban.org/bash/

bash 3.1 is now available. Initial reports suggest that there are some minor incompatibilities between this version and the 20050721 release of the bash completion code, which many people are still using. Please ensure that you upgrade to the 20060301 release, which is believed to fix these issues.

As you know, we have bash 3.1 on current for some time now, and well, i just wish i could use bash-completion again smile

I dont know where to post this, packages forums changed since the AUR and well... this is the best place i could find.

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2006-03-17 08:37:19

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Bash-Completion notice

most devs dont read the forums much.... but they check the bugtracker.

if it's marked out of date though, the maintainer should get to it soon smile

iphitus

#3 2006-03-18 00:20:50

sud_crow
Website

Hi iphitus,
i flagged it out of date, i didn't know the consequences of that, that issues a bug-tracker ticket?

just as a side note:
i thought on posting it because i know that the flag doesn't necessarily mean the update is important, but as this package didn't work anymore, i wanted to let know it was a pretty important update... although its not a base package and i / it can wait!

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#4 2006-03-18 01:33:05

iphitus
Forum Fellow

sud_crow wrote:

Hi iphitus,
i flagged it out of date, i didn't know the consequences of that, that issues a bug-tracker ticket?

just as a side note:
i thought on posting it because i know that the flag doesn't necessarily mean the update is important, but as this package didn't work anymore, i wanted to let know it was a pretty important update... although its not a base package and i / it can wait!

No, the flag emails the developer.

What i meant is that, most devs dont read the forums, but most do check the bug tracker, and would take notice if you issued a bug ticket to inform them.

iphitus

Board footer