You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-13 13:53:07

nfp1971

Nautilus - can't mount USB drive and doesn't show disks by label

Don't know how to trace back when it happened but as the Subject says, my Nautilus is having some problems and as much as i try to find the solution in the wiki i wasn't able to find solutions for my problems, so any help would be welcomed.

Problem1:
Until a few weeks ago my "nautilus" used to show disk drives by name ie: ComicsVault instead of sdf1. when it worked as i wanted it to, fstab was listing disk by UUID and nautilus was showing disks by name as want it.
I don't know what changed but it no longer works, i change fstab to show diks by "Label="' it still doesn't work.

As a result of this unwanted change by shared folder association in virtualbox stop working.

Problem2:
Also as aresult of this change i'am unable to mount/read/write usb flash drives

If i do lsusb in a terminal the result is

us 008 Device 004: ID 0951:1624 Kingston Technology DataTraveler G2 

when itry

nuno@nunoarchdesktop ~> udiskie -t -0

** (udiskie:9365): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
mounted /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdg1 on /media/multisystem
failed to mount /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdg: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.UDisks.Error.FilesystemDriverMissing: Error mounting: mount: /dev/sdg is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/sdg is already mounted or /media/ARCH_201408 busy

operation failed for device: /org/freedesktop/UDisks/devices/sdg

this result shows up and my usb drive show in nautilus even thought i cannot acess it

What am i doing wrong?
What am i missing?

Thanks for your help

Board footer