NVIDIA PowerMizerLevel allways falls back

I set xorg.conf as follows:

Section "Device"
Identifier "nvidia"
Driver "nvidia"
BusID "PCI:1@0:0:0"
Option "ConstrainCursor" "off"
Option "Coolbits" "12"
Option "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1; PerfLevelSrc=0x2222; PowerMizerLevel=0x1; PowerMizerDefaultAC=0x1"
EndSection

Then tried as per advice of NVIDIA support

nvidia-settings -a [gpu:0]/GpuPowerMizerMode=1

Though that is the same I think.

but the 980 card performance level allways falls back to performance level 2 from 3 whenever I run a script uses gpus (Graphlab Create) in spyder. Why? How can I force the maximum performance?

#2 2015-05-19 20:56:39

Malkymder

Re: NVIDIA PowerMizerLevel allways falls back

Tried using the nvidia-settings gui instead of cli ?

#3 2015-05-20 14:38:45

RJQ
Website

Re: NVIDIA PowerMizerLevel allways falls back

you can with nvidia-settings (and after tweaking to your liking) generate a xorg.conf and then add the options for the powermizer, although I think (a least in my case) the later driver allows to keep this settings on the nvidia-settings-rc too, once you have the xorg.conf rename it to 20-nvidia.conf and place it under the xorg.conf.d folder, (you can even do a separate monitor.conf there too) I don't think you need a xorg.conf. Now for the rc file make sure it doesn't get rewritten by launching the settings at startup, I found that in kde even with the --load-config-only it rewrites the monitor color/brightness and the powermizer, therefore I just make the file readable only, making sure all the settings I want are already there. Working fine for me so far.

Natural Spanish speaker person babbling English...
Natural Linux user babbling Archlinux...

Board footer