You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-23 04:59:22

djo0012

Every network change break the sound

Hello,

I've got this problem for a few month now. At first I tough it was a bad update or a missconfig I did, but many update later it's still present and I believe my other computer has the same problem.

What happen is that every time something related to networking change, the sound system seam to be disabled. Here is some of the action I do to make it fail:
- Connect to a VPN (wich create TUN interface)
- Start a virtualbox vm with internal network enabled (create a vboxX interface)
- plug in my cellphone
- or simply plug any usb thumbdrive

what is also strange is that disconnecting and reconnecting to some vpn make the sound work again. Same thing when plugin a usb drive. So that has been my work around lately.

I mostly listen to music with amarok and when the problem happen I get a notification that the sound card is disable and switching to the next one, the same notification appear when it get back working.

I use a fully up to date arch, with KDE. My headphone are plugged via an HDMI screen. I haven't been able to find any error in the log when it happen, but I might not be looking at the right place.

Does somebody have any idea what happening here?

#2 2015-05-23 05:29:23

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Every network change break the sound

Read your journal.

Not a Sysadmin issue, moving to NC...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2015-05-23 18:34:03

djo0012

Re: Every network change break the sound

I already looked at the log (or journal, it's the same thing for me) and it doesn't contain any error at those time.

That's why I'm asking for idea here.

Board footer