You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-22 13:45:25

citral

Spamming PKGBUILDs

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread too much, but in the trend of dealing with spam, it would also be nice if AUR was more spam-proof.

Right now google crawls all the PKGBUILDS (claiming ~19.500 hits) and gives spambots a whole bunch of free e-mail addys from the "Contributor: " and "Maintainer: " lines.

I'd rather not start obfuscating my email address in PKGBUILDS I post, because it feels like too harsh of a countermeasure. However, perhaps AUR could mangle email addresses when it gives webaccess to a PKGBUILD?

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,
they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.

#2 2006-03-22 14:54:40

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Spamming PKGBUILDs

citral wrote:

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread too much, but in the trend of dealing with spam, it would also be nice if AUR was more spam-proof.

Right now google crawls all the PKGBUILDS (claiming ~19.500 hits) and gives spambots a whole bunch of free e-mail addys from the "Contributor: " and "Maintainer: " lines.

I'd rather not start obfuscating my email address in PKGBUILDS I post, because it feels like too harsh of a countermeasure. However, perhaps AUR could mangle email addresses when it gives webaccess to a PKGBUILD?

read the thread buddy wink we're talking about wiki spam not email spam.

#3 2006-03-22 16:38:49

Sander

Re: Spamming PKGBUILDs

iphitus wrote:
citral wrote:

read the thread buddy wink we're talking about wiki spam not email spam.

Sounds to me like this issue should be taken care of as well, though. Might be interesting to start a separate thread.

You like cheese? You like peas? You'll love cheezy peas!

Board footer