You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-24 10:24:43

titas

light-locker-settings won't start

Hi,

After a fresh install I am trying to open light-locker-settings in gnome, but it is not starting.
When I tried to open it in terminal it is saying the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** (light-locker-settings.py:1694): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkButton:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
  self.builder.add_from_file(glade_file)
/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkAlignment:top-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py:61: Warning: The property GtkAlignment:left-padding is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 707, in <module>
    main = LightLockerSettings()
  File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 101, in __init__
    self.init_settings()
  File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 463, in init_settings
    if self.check_running_process("xfce4-power-manager"):
  File "/usr/share/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings/light-locker-settings.py", line 222, in check_running_process
    for pid in psutil.get_pid_list():
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'get_pid_list'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please suggest me, what to do to resolve this problem.

#2 2015-06-24 11:58:12

yforster

Re: light-locker-settings won't start

The psutil package for python changed.

You need to temporarily downgrade python-psutil (maybe also python2-psutil) to for instance version 2.2.1-2 (that's working for me)

You can use something like downgrade (in the aur) to do that.

#3 2015-06-24 17:27:54

titas

Thank you very much....

#4 2015-06-26 00:48:41

root

Remember to use

[code]your system output[/code] 

when including system/program output in your message.

\(o_X)/
                        'Cause I wanna be an Archy - An Archy in the UK // Sex Pistols

#5 2015-10-01 13:19:09

WyRe

Why light-locker-settings package isn't into AUR repos? I can't find it in official repos either ... maybe it was integrated with light-locker? Thank so much.

Board footer