I want to customize the archck kernel...
I am not sure how to to that...
i was thinking the simpliest way to d by :
1) installing current kernel26archck
2) modify the .config in /usr/src
3) make && make modules
4) Send vmlinuz-Custom to /boot/
Am i right ?
Thanks for your answer!
Arch does not install the kernel source, so you're missing an important step (2.5, I think ) - download the source from kernel.org.
If you want your new kernel package to remain under pacman's control, use a PKGBUILD instead - I like dibble's one here.
What i did
1) I get the abs tree
2) Copy /var/abs/extra/kernel/kernel26arch to ~/MyKernel
3) cp my custom .config file to ~/MyKernel/config
4) Edit PKGBUILD : pkgname=MyKernelName
5) Redone md5 check
6) makepkg !
when i recompile the archck
in bootsplash.. i freeze to initializing kernel...
(Yes i set use ... splash buffer...)
archck supports fbsplash, not bootsplash, so I'm not sure what you are trying to do. What's the last thing on the screen when it freezes?