You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-21 16:53:56

Electro498

[Solved] Android 5.0.2 failing to build on arch (reason python?)

Ok, so trying to build android lollipop 5.0.2 on arch. It fails with following error log:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ply/lex.py", line 893, in lex
    if '.' not in lextab:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
    if '.' not in lextab:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
Gyp action: third_party_WebKit_Source_platform_platform_generated_gyp_make_platform_generated_target_ColorData (out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/blink/platform/ColorData.cpp)
external/chromium_org/ui/accessibility/ax_gen.target.linux-arm.mk:23: recipe for target 'out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/ui/accessibility/generated_api.h' failed
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/ui/accessibility/generated_api.h] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
external/chromium_org/ui/accessibility/ax_gen.target.linux-arm.mk:40: recipe for target 'out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/ui/accessibility/ax_enums.cc' failed
make: *** [out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/ui/accessibility/ax_enums.cc] Error 1
Gyp timestamp: out/target/product/generic/obj/GYP/third_party_libjpeg_libjpeg_gyp_intermediates/libjpeg.stamp

#### make failed to build some targets (01:42 (mm:ss)) ####

I think its python thats causing errors but really... I have almost no clue about python at all (I am more of a java,C/C++ and android coder).

Additional Info:

Using-
java-7-openjdk
Python 2.7.10

(if you need anymore info please ask).

PS- Android kitkat built fine.

Last edited by Electro498 (2015-07-22 13:22:10)

#2 2015-07-21 17:36:43

mauritiusdadd

Re: [Solved] Android 5.0.2 failing to build on arch (reason python?)

That's a bug in ply: https://github.com/dabeaz/ply/issues/63. It has already been fixed but you have to wait that the new version is out and the package is updated.

About me - github

-- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth -- Spock | Sherlock Holmes

#3 2015-07-22 13:21:01

Electro498

Re: [Solved] Android 5.0.2 failing to build on arch (reason python?)

mauritiusdadd wrote:

That's a bug in ply: https://github.com/dabeaz/ply/issues/63. It has already been fixed but you have to wait that the new version is out and the package is updated.

Thanks for reply...
Hope it gets merged soon, my whole project is lagging out time because of this. Wish I knew how to work out this ply by compiling from github source (but as I said, I dont even know what "ply" is lol),

Board footer