You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-28 16:41:40

punk_physicist

Icon messed up (on second monitor) when I drag folder in Thunar

When I click on and drag a file in Thunar, the icon for the file appears under the cursor (as it should). However, when I unclick the mouse the icon should disappear, but instead part of the icon remains only on my second monitor, and I can't get rid of it.

I'm using Thunar (1.16.10-2) and Openbox (3.6.1-1).

I start my X session via startx (via ~/.bash_profile), and am working on a dual monitor which I start via the following code in my ~/.xinitrc:

xrandr --dpi 168
xrandr --output eDP1 --primary --auto --output HDMI1 --right-of eDP1 --panning 2400x1350 --auto --scale 1.25x1.25
xrandr --output eDP1 --primary --auto --output HDMI1 --off
xrandr --output eDP1 --primary --auto --output HDMI1 --right-of eDP1 --auto --scale 1.25x1.25

Note, I have to turn off and on the second monitor (with panning) as a way around the issue described here or here.

I originally thought it might be my compositor (xcompmgr 1.1.7-1), but when I kill xcompmgr I still see part of the icon (I also tried installing compton and I see the same effect). Also using xrandr to turn off and on the second monitor does not make the artifact go away.

#2 2015-07-28 17:12:59

Chazza
Wiki Maintainer

Re: Icon messed up (on second monitor) when I drag folder in Thunar

Does the artefact go away if the Thunar window on the offending monitor is refreshed (just ensure that the Thunar window has focus and then hit Ctrl-R).

#3 2015-07-28 17:32:47

punk_physicist

Re: Icon messed up (on second monitor) when I drag folder in Thunar

Chazza wrote:

Does the artifact go away if the Thunar window on the offending monitor is refreshed (just ensure that the Thunar window has focus and then hit Ctrl-R).

No, and it doesn't matter if Thunar is run as --daemon or not.

Board footer