You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-28 06:42:19

Dieter

Problems after clean install from ISO

To get a new, clean Arch64 system, I did a base install with the RC2 ISO.

With your support, I solved the nvidia problem.

The following problems occured up to now:
a) Installing kdebase failed, package "compositeproto" was not found. KDE / libxcomposite looks for compositeproto-0.2.2-1 but 0.3.1 is in the repository. Version of libxcomposite is 0.2.2-1.

b) My soundcard (Soundblaster PCI 128, module snd_ens1371) is configured with alsaconfig, but kmix (KDE mixer) does not show it.

c) The "kwrite" bug (KDE editor not found) is back on my freshly installed system. From KDE, I installed kdelibs, kdebase and kdemultimedia packages (not the other KDE packages). From previous tests this effect seems to be related to kdebase. Last time it helped to install a self-built kdebase package. I will try again...

#2 2006-03-28 06:53:05

AndyRTR
Developer

Re: Problems after clean install from ISO

a) the package is on the server. there was an update these days but we have a problem with generating the current.db.tar.gz. That's why it's not found. Download it manually and then install it using pacman -U.

b) ?

c) Soon we will have kde 3.5.2 packages in extra. That should fix it the same way as a recompile. So I have no plans uploading a recompiled 3.5.1 package.

AndyRTR

#3 2006-04-09 18:24:14

Dieter

Re: Problems after clean install from ISO

b) My fault: User was not in group "audio".

c) I compiled kdelibs and kdebase here and installed it. KDE editor was ok then.
Then I updated to KDE 3.5.2 (within a 250 MByte update yesterday) - and KDE again cannot start kwrite. After building kdelibs 3.5.2 again and installing it here it works ok again. Strange behaviour.

Board footer