You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-12 08:27:46

bloodline_

Virtualbox host-only adapter not coming up after system resume

Hey all,

I've been having this problem since I moved to Arch with my virtualbox host-only adapters. I'm using vagrant so this setup comes pretty much out of the box.

It basically boils down to the host-only adapter staying down after I resume my system from suspending (systemctl suspend) with the still VM running. The only thing that seems to fix the issue is bringing it up manually and re-assigning an IP address mask to it (ip link set vboxnet0 up && ip addr add 192.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 dev vboxnet0) but this gets pretty annoying to do every single time I want to start my work day smile

I've been searching for this issue for a while now and the only hits I got were at least 3 years old and all suggested installing net-tools and checking of modules are loaded properly. I have net-tools installed and kernel modules are loaded (otherwise the adapter wouldn't be created in the first place) but to no avail.

Virtual box version is 5.0.0 and kernel version is 4.1.4-1-ARCH

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

#2 2015-08-13 01:56:03

bulletmark

Re: Virtualbox host-only adapter not coming up after system resume

#3 2015-08-13 05:56:11

bloodline_

Thanks for the reply, bulletmark, but frankly I had already found this ticket and its contents are not particularly helpful. I was hoping that by posting here I might find someone who may have found a solution to this issue.

Last edited by bloodline_ (2015-08-13 05:56:46)

#4 2015-08-13 06:39:18

bulletmark

You said "the only hits I got were at least 3 years old". That bug was raised only 6 months ago, has a number of people reporting the same issue, and since it is still open implies that the issue is still unresolved. I thought that would be helpful to you.

Board footer