You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-15 11:25:10

MC34

No sound from headphones after fresh installation

Hello guys, very new to the Arch world! I've managed to get an installation going...everything seems to be working as intended except for the lack of sound. I used headphones connected to the front audio panel of my desktop. In previous installations of Ubuntu I've had to open alsamixer and unmute the audio sections however this time I cannot seem to get any kind of success. I've searched the forums and tried a few solutions given to other users but so far nothing has worked. I'm using Gnome and here are some of the outputs from my terminal:

lspci | grep -i Audio

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 9 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller
03:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 HDMI Audio Controller (rev a1)
cat /proc/asound/modules

0 snd_hda_intel
1 snd_hda_intel
aplay -l | grep card

card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: CA0132 Analog [CA0132 Analog]
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: CA0132 Digital [CA0132 Digital]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
pacmd list-sinks | grep -e 'name:' -e 'index'

index: 0
	name: <alsa_output.pci-0000_03_00.1.hdmi-stereo>
  * index: 1
	name: <alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo>
cat /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
    type hw
    card 0
}

ctl.!default {
    type hw           
    card 0
}

As it currently stands I've edited my /etc/asound.conf to try to set the Intel PCH as the default device, and on checking pavucontrol and playing a video/song I can notice the 'silence' output equaliser moving with the item that I'm trying to play. Any and all help would be appreciated.

#2 2015-08-15 12:23:27

MC34

Re: No sound from headphones after fresh installation

I've actually found that I can hear a VERY small amount of audio from my headphones! Even if I try turning up all of the volume in the sound preferences and alsamixer I still cannot get the audio to increase in volume. I've take a screenshot of the pavucontrol preferences that shows the silence bar mimicking the actual audio.

http://i.imgur.com/4y0Ktgd.png

Board footer