You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-21 01:34:32

nanosuki

Microphone stops working and unwanted noise after connecting headset.

LAST EDIT: Closing the laptop lid and opening again while the mic is plugged fixes it till.

Edit 4:  I found a temporary solution, doing the following command with the headset plugged: #alsactl restore
Edit 5: Never mind, that doesn't actually work, it seems I actually fixed during the last boot somehow but not still able to find how.

$ arecord -l
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: 92HD91BXX Analog [92HD91BXX Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
$ lsmod | grep snd
snd_hda_codec_hdmi     53248  1
snd_hda_codec_idt      53248  1
snd_hda_codec_generic    69632  1 snd_hda_codec_idt
snd_hda_intel          28672  7
snd_hda_controller     28672  1 snd_hda_intel
snd_hda_codec          98304  5 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_controller
snd_hda_core           28672  5 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_controller
snd_hwdep              16384  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm                90112  5 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_controller
snd_timer              28672  1 snd_pcm
snd                    69632  21 snd_hwdep,snd_timer,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_pcm,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel
soundcore              16384  1 snd
snd_soc_sst_acpi       16384  0
$ amixer
Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 65536
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 19565 [30%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 19565 [30%] [on]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch cswitch-joined
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 65536
  Front Left: Capture 11808 [18%] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 11808 [18%] [on

I am on plasma 5 with alsa and pulseaudio. Laptop's microphone works fine, but when I plug in my headset the both microphones stops working and transmits unwanted noise instead.

This problem appeared recently withing last two months, I don't remember any changes I did to my system that could be related.

Unplugging the headset again doesn't fix it, I have to restart the laptop for internal microphone to work properly again.

Restarting the laptop with the headset plugged in gives me a working microphone with no unwanted noise. Unplugging it and plug in again with this method also breaks it.

''pulseaudio -k'' doesn't fix it

Pavucontrol and alsamixer didn't help finding what is wrong.

Edit: The sound seems to changes every time this happens, but it is always one that goes up and down, from not audible to audible.

Edit 2: It seems to get stuck with the first audio it heard when I plugged the headset
Is there any reason in particular I am not getting any help here? If there is something wrong with my post please tell me, I won't learn if you don't.
Edit 3: After searching what i got in "edit 2" I found I have a feedback loop, I will try and see if searching that gets me anywhere.

Last edited by nanosuki (2015-08-28 22:26:58)

Board footer