You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-01 03:32:49

Jj

[SOLVED] To material to the forums, or to add it to the wiki?

Hi all,

I'm very new to the Arch community and am loving the documentation - I've never seen anything quite like it, so big shout out to everyone involved in documenting and maintaining, it's made my install so much easier!

One of the problems I came across after my install was the need, okay desire to move my /boot partition from my root directory to it's own. To do it I had to use an external guide based on grub legacy, two forums posts and two wiki pages, and I'm not sure if I would have been able to pick it all together if I hadn't had a bit of experience in it before, so I thought about documenting how to move your /boot directory either onto or off of your root partition for the next user who searches for it.

Would that be added to the wiki, or would I post it in the forums?

Thanks again all,

JJ

Last edited by Jj (2015-09-01 04:08:50)

#2 2015-09-01 04:00:03

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Re: [SOLVED] To material to the forums, or to add it to the wiki?

Hi and welcome to the forum. You seem to be off to a nice start wink

General technical information such as guides should be added to the wiki where it can be updated as time goes on.

The forum is mostly for questions about specific technical issues with a limited lifetime (e.g. problems upgrading a particular version of a package, recent one-time-only changes to configuration files, debugging a strange hardware glitch).

Anything else belongs on a blog. tongue

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#3 2015-09-01 04:07:36

Jj

Re: [SOLVED] To material to the forums, or to add it to the wiki?

Ah, thanks again Xyne - You're quite the life saver!

I don't know a lot about wiki's so I'll read up on wiki editing and peruse edits and pages on the wiki to get an idea of the system before deciding what to do next big_smile

hmm... a blog... that's definitely something I'll be thinking more on!

JJ

Board footer