You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-08 22:07:58

lmello

[SOLVED] custom icon theme - how to make it compatible with Qt apps?

Hi,

I made a *very simple* icon theme for GNOME 3 Adwaita-blue for (mainly) personal use to be used on top of the default GNOME icon theme. No big ambitions, as I only want to change a small amount of system icons, such as blue folders and a couple of mimetypes and devices.

I have a question: those icons work on GTK applications, but not on Qt (both 4.x and 5.x) - I noticed that by observing the brown folder from the system's Adwaita theme. Here's a screenshot of both Frescobaldi (Qt4) and Bluefish (GTK 3) menu bars - the top is Frescobaldi's, and the lower is Bluefish's.

hyVauWo.png

Other non-canonical icon themes work fine, so there must be something I'm missing...

What must I do to add Qt support to my icon theme?

---

EDIT: if you put install your icon theme locally on ~/.local/share/icons, Qt5 won't recognize it. But if you install it globally on /usr/share/icons, it will.

Last edited by lmello (2015-10-11 03:43:36)

Fundamental Axiom of the Universe (aka Murphy's Law): Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
First Digital Deduction: Nothing obeys Murphy's Law so well as computers.
Second Digital Deduction: Everything go wrong at least once.
Third Digital Deduction: Things go wrong even when there's absolutely no possibility of anything go wrong.

Board footer