You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-09 15:30:55

TheChickenMan

[SOLVED] Wacom Tablet in Gnome

When I plug in my tablet it appears to recognize the type correctly with lsusb but it still does not come up under the tablet configuration page in the Gnome control panel. I didn't come across any Gnome specific configurations in the wiki page. Is there a section in the documentation which I missed or a package which I need to install to make the tablet work correctly with Gnome? Note that the tablet does work when plugged in with at least its touch pad features tested as expected.

This issue was solved with the release of gnome 3.18+

Last edited by TheChickenMan (2016-05-22 01:30:15)

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

#2 2015-09-09 15:45:54

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Wacom Tablet in Gnome

Have you installed xf86-input-wacom   ?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2015-09-09 23:58:38

TheChickenMan

Re: [SOLVED] Wacom Tablet in Gnome

I currently have libwacom installed. I did try to also install xf86-input-wacom and restart xorg but it did not appear to fix the issue. Now, I did also read that libwacom may cause some issues with xf86-input-wacom but I'm not sure i could remove that as it's a dependency of some installed packages.

From Arch Wiki:
"If you have installed libwacom or associated packages like libwacom-fedoraAUR[broken link: archived in aur-mirror] remove those packages first. They are known to cause problems with newer version of X. xf86-input-wacom is the only package you need to install the X11 drivers."

pacman -Qs wacom
local/libwacom 0.13-1
    Library to identify Wacom tablets and their features

If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet.
Niels Bohr

Board footer