You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-09 21:34:28

socrates

[SOLVED](STEAM) DotA 2 Reborn Wont Work

So I have been playing DotA 2 and TF2 and other games on steam for the past 2 years using the native steam runtime after deleting some buggy libs.

But DotA 2 has been transitioning to a newer engine (DotA 2 Reborn Beta).
This game didnt start at all, and I get the following error

libGL error: unable to load driver: r600_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

So I tried using my system libs with $ STEAM_RUNTIME=0 steam , and after installing most of the needed libs which steam asked for (I finally had to add alucryd repo because one lib couldnt be found) I ran steam and DotA2 TF2 work flawlessly but DotA 2 Reborn gives me the following error

failed to dlopen "librendersystemgl.so" error=libudev.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
failed to dlopen "libpangoft2-1.0.so" error=libpng12.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
Plat_GetProcAddresses: unable to load 'libpangoft2-1.0.so'

Now that DotA 2 has completly moved to reborn I cant play it at all.

Im on 64 with multilib enabled. Using Mesa drivers for AMD VGA

I tried using
$ STEAM_RUNTIME=0 LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib32/libudev.so.0 /usr/lib32/libpng12.so.0' steam

which makes steam fail to load completely and gives me this error

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libudev.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib32/libpng12.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

and

$ STEAM_RUNTIME=0 LD_PRELOAD='/usr/lib64/libudev.so.0 /usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0' steam

which fails to load them as well but steam is able to start

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib64/libudev.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

So I have no idea what I should do now.
Any suggestions ?

Last edited by socrates (2015-09-10 14:03:49)

#2 2015-09-10 12:58:25

DarkCerberus
Banned

Re: [SOLVED](STEAM) DotA 2 Reborn Wont Work

Since you stated in the error message that you are using the r600 driver have you looked at this page on the arch wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AM … repository - please follow the instructions on that page and install all of the catalyst drivers this includes the "catalyst-hook, catalyst-utils, catalyst-libgl & of course the opencl-catalyst" these are needed to run the game....

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

#3 2015-09-10 13:36:51

socrates

Im using the open source drivers so I dont use catalyst.
Needles to say all mentioned files are present on my system.

And I only encounter this driver problem when  Im using native steam runtime, although I checked I have those driver files for 32 and 64.

Last edited by socrates (2015-09-10 14:13:46)

#4 2015-09-10 14:01:25

socrates

Looks like the new DotA Reborn is only 64bit and I was missing libpng12 and libudev0 from my lib64 folder.
DotA 2 Reborn now runs with my system libs.

Big thanks to alucryd for helping point the problem.
He also pushed those two libs to his x86-64 repo.

Last edited by socrates (2015-09-10 14:14:38)

Board footer