libtorrent
rtorrent
ntfs-3g
php
php-fpm
etc...

QGis with makepkg

compiled and installed Nginx manually.

After a while of using my computer I did a hard reboot and all those programs and their configurations disappeard. How can I restore everything?

#2 2015-09-11 03:01:48

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Programs disappeared after hard reboot

Unlikely.    Did you install these while you were booted from the installation disk?    Or had you actually installed Arch, Configured your boot loader, and were running a proper installation?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2015-09-11 03:04:29

challisto

It's on an installed Arch.

#4 2015-09-11 03:08:44

ewaller
Administrator

Okay, I guess we will need to see the output of:
mount
and the contents of
/var/log/pacman.log

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---

#5 2015-09-11 03:16:13

challisto

mount:

sys on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
dev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=4027372k,nr_inodes=1006843,mode=755)
run on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,mode=755)
/dev/sda5 on / type f2fs (rw,relatime,background_gc=on,nouser_xattr,noacl,inline_data,active_logs=6)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
efivarfs on /sys/firmware/efi/efivars type efivarfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=28,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mapper/home on /home type ext4 (rw,noatime,discard,data=ordered)
tmpfs on /run/user/997 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=805984k,mode=700,uid=997,gid=997)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=805984k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=100)
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/StorageNTFS type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
/dev/sda7 on /mnt/Storage type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)
tracefs on /sys/kernel/debug/tracing type tracefs (rw,relatime)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,relatime)

Pacman log: http://pastebin.com/rq9sWQvH

#6 2015-09-11 04:19:05

ewaller
Administrator

Okay, I'm out.  I've never dealt with F2FS.  Sorry.

---

#7 2015-09-11 10:29:17

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Hard reboots and f2fs don't mix well. I've had something similar happen and I had to resort to restoring from backups. You can try to use fsck.f2fs and it might find and correct errors but I would assume you will have things that are gone. F2fs is still a bit green and needs more real world usage, my personal experience is that it works well as long as you don't do hard reboots or suddenly unplug a disk without unmounting first.

On the other hand, if you want to keep using f2fs I'd recommend you force some mount options, I have no idea why but when you mount f2fs as the root fs the mount options differ from the defaults. On one of my systems I'm currently forcing "background_gc=on,user_xattr,acl,inline_data".

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#8 2015-09-13 02:40:08

challisto

After some more testing I'm certain it has to do with f2fs. It seems writes aren't truly committed until some event or time interval. I'll test different mount options when I have some time and see if I can change that behavior.

#9 2015-09-13 11:28:06

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

challisto wrote:

After some more testing I'm certain it has to do with f2fs. It seems writes aren't truly committed until some event or time interval. I'll test different mount options when I have some time and see if I can change that behavior.

No filesystem can be 100% robust against hard reboots. Next time try to use sysrq if possible and avoid doing a hard reboot.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer