You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-13 11:47:21

Linoman

[SOLVED] Problems starting rabbitMQ on user directories

I've installed rabbitmq on a local machine (4.1.6-1-ARCH) and after a few hiccups I managed to get it working. When attempting the same on a remote headless server (archlinux 3.14.51-1-lts) I can't send commands to rabbitmqctl.

When attempting to start with

$ sudo -u rabbitmq rabbitmqctl start_app
{(no error"ini lot ggteerrmi prnateseing inn dt) o_beootrro",{br: ada<0rg,[{er.2l_.0pr>
im_loader,check_file_result,3,[]},{init,get_boot,1,[]},{init,get_boot,2,[]},{init,do_boot,3,[]}]}}

Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...init terminating in do_boot ()

And there's no process running.

When attempting to start it with

sudo systemctl start rabbitmq

I get the process running (and everything looks in order with systemctl status rabbitmq) and even script tutorials can connect to it. But attempting commands to rabbitmqctl like

$ sudo -u rabbitmq rabbitmqctl list_users
,3,init no termienatirng inr do_obootr",{b ladargo,[{egrl_prigem_lorader,check_ pfiler_resulest,3e,[]},nt{in) it,geert_borot,1o,[]}r,{in:it,g <et_b0oot,.2,[2]},{.init0,do_>boot
[]}]}}

or

$ sudo -u rabbitmq rabbitmqctl list_vhosts
({"init tno ermienatirng irn doo_boort", {baldargo,[{eggrl_preim_rload er,pcherck_fesile_enresutlt,)3,[ ]},{erinitr,geot_br: <0oo.t,12.0>,
[]},{init,get_boot,2,[]},{init,do_boot,3,[]}]}}

The logs look ok and without warnings. I can't find any file named erl_crash.dump therefore I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Last edited by Linoman (2015-09-29 09:56:53)

#2 2015-09-29 09:55:55

Linoman

Re: [SOLVED] Problems starting rabbitMQ on user directories

So, I got a 4.1.8-1-lts update and the problem persisted. But after long debugging and recompiling older versions I found out the directory permissions where you run the rabbitmqtl command affect the command. I was able to run the

sudo -u rabbitmq rabbitmqctl list_users

in /tmp/ but not in /home/user/directoryOwnedByRootAnd777/

I'll mark this as resolved and re-write the topic since LTS was never the problem.

Board footer