You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-14 12:04:55

danbak

LibreOffice window size bug

Hi!

I've been using Arch for a month now, and everything has been working great, save for LibreOffice.
When I start the program, it looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/1dxqN3s.png

You can see the black bars in the bottom and in the right side. When in that state, the program is pretty much useless. When I try to scroll down a document, this happens:
http://i.imgur.com/2uLZYo1.png
(disregard the content of the document, just some schoolwork) The black bars (and the scrolling problem) disappear after resizing the window and maximizing it again, so it's not that serious, just annoying.
Is there any way to get rid of the bug? I've been using Word Online and Office 365 as I'm tired of resizing LibreOffice every time I open a new window.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
danbak

-- mod edit: converted img to url tags.  Please see guidelines on image sizes.  Trilby --

Last edited by Trilby (2015-09-14 12:13:44)

#2 2015-09-14 12:14:48

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: LibreOffice window size bug

Welcome to the forums.  Please see our forum etiquette in the wiki and other stickied thread guidlines.  I've converted your large images to urls here.

To fix this problem it'd be good to get some more information: Are you using libreoffice-still or libreoffice-fresh?  Perhaps it'd be worth trying the other one.

What WM/DE do you use?  What is your graphics card and driver?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2015-09-14 12:31:03

mrunion
Website

Also, if I recall correctly (and I may be mistaken) there was a thread on this topic a few weeks back. Do a forum search for "black bars" or "libre office" and see if it turns up. I believe it was solved, but I don't recall the resolution.

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#4 2015-09-16 08:11:46

danbak

Hi,

thank you for your answers.
I switched to libreoffice-still and the problem is gone!
I'll post in this thread if I have the same issue in the future.

#5 2015-09-16 13:25:15

mrunion
Website

Excellent. Please edit your first post and prepend "[SOLVED]" to the thread title.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

Board footer