You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-15 11:04:50

Enverex
Website

Yad - Checklist within form?

I've been fighting against Yad for the last hour now and I'm ready to give up. I'm using Yad over Zenity as it allows more than one "thing" per dialogue box which was fine until I reached the point where I needed to add a checklist (or any form of multiple-select) to the window.

Forms work fine and Checklists fine, but I can't seem to get a Checklist to work on the same dialogue box as the main form. I've not found anything that mentions the two are mutually exclusive so currently I'm working under the assumption that it's possible, but requires some obscure syntax that isn't documented anywhere.

Has anyone managed to do this before or has found an example that uses a checklist within a form?

#2 2015-09-17 15:07:31

Awebb

Re: Yad - Checklist within form?

"does not work" is not a very helpful description. It would also help to see your code.

#3 2015-09-17 15:26:23

Enverex
Website

Re: Yad - Checklist within form?

Well that's the problem, all the examples I've found have the checklist written in such a way that it would conflict with an existing form. That's why I was looking for an example of a form that also has a checklist contained within.

For example, a normal form would look like this:

yad --form --separator='##' --title="Enter Things" --field="A combo:CB" --field="A different combo:CB" --field="Some Notes Here:TXT" "Stuff##For##Combo##One" "Also##For##Combo#Two" "Delete this and write your notes here"

Problem is the examples for checklists look like this:

yad --title="Title" --text="Checklist test" --list --checklist --column="C1" --column="C2" "TRUE" "test1"
... or...
yad  --list  --checklist  --column  "Buy"  --column  "Item" TRUE Apples TRUE Oranges FALSE Pears FALSE Toothpaste

And I've not found any possible way to integrate the two due to the way the checklists seem to expect the content for the lists.

Board footer