You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-22 19:45:15

zaferot

[SOLVED] Select mono type font in KDE 5 system settings

Hi All!

The main problem is that not all mono type fonts are available in KDE system settings.
For example, I want to use Roboto font family, but mono type is not available in 'Fixed width' menu. Roboto font family provides mono type.
And there are much more mono fonts which I cannot use (e.g. in Konsole or Yakuake).
Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks.

Last edited by zaferot (2015-09-23 12:32:07)

#2 2015-09-23 08:51:28

Rog131

Re: [SOLVED] Select mono type font in KDE 5 system settings

zaferot wrote:

Hi All!

The main problem is that not all mono type fonts are available in KDE system settings.
For example, I want to use Roboto font family, but mono type is not available in 'Fixed width' menu. Roboto font family provides mono type.
And there are much more mono fonts which I cannot use (e.g. in Konsole or Yakuake).
Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks.

There are (older) bug reports - picking one -  https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=229400

Jekyll Wu 2011-10-28 21:01:59 UTC
Konsole doesn't make any font-filtering itself except asking Qt to only list monospace fonts. It is the Qt library that judges whether a font is monospace or not...

A workaround is to edit the configuration files manually - the Konsole KF5: ~/.local/share/konsole/Shell.profile

Changing the Font to 'RobotoMono': http://imgur.com/L64hNuE

The Konsole will show warnings of the unsupported font:

The font for use in the terminal has not been matched exactly. Perhaps it has not been found properly.
Using an unsupported variable-width font in the terminal.  This may produce display errors.

Last edited by Rog131 (2015-09-23 08:53:08)

#3 2015-09-23 12:30:51

zaferot

Re: [SOLVED] Select mono type font in KDE 5 system settings

Thanks @Rog131.

I've also found similar bug reports submitted to KDE team.

And there is a workaround for my problem. As wanted to select Roboto Mono font in 'System Settings -> Font -> Fonts -> Fixed width' (which was not listed there), I've modified '~/ .config/kdeglobals' config file and put there the desired font.

Board footer