You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-23 00:25:22

SGAShepp

Display time-out/power-save assistance

Hello everyone, hope your days are going well.

I've been using Arch off and on now for a few years, because I love it, but there is one issue I simply haven't been able to full rectify. If I can just figure this out, I'll be golden!

The issue is simply with my monitor being constantly ON when using Arch whether at the login screen or at the desktop.
In my ideal scenario, I would like to have -after say 20 minutes- be kicked to the login screen, then from there, have about a 5 minute count down to have the display go into power saving mode.  -OR- just have the display go into power saving after 20 mins from anywhere, then be at the login screen when it powers back on.

However after looking online in several forums, I just can't seem to get it to work the way I want. Or I end up breaking things.

I am using XFCE with LightDM (I don't know if LightDM is the best choice but I like it because I'm familiar with how to theme it).

The only thing I have done at this point on this install is install 'light-locker' but I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks for any help, I'd truly appreciate it.
Cheers.

Board footer