You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-26 01:07:45

js

[Solved with workaround] A2DP Headset, Pulseaudio 7.0 and GDM

With Pulseaudio 6.0-2, I was able to pair and set it to use A2DP within the gnome sound controls for pulseaudio as long as I used the fix listed at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bl … e_with_GDM and https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bl … play_sound.  However, with Pulseaudio 7.0, I am unable to set my headset to A2DP after pairing it.  If I reboot after having paired it, it will reconnect with bluez, but pulseaudio will not see it.  In addition, gdm has a pulseaudio running still.  Reverting back to 6.0-2 results in eveerything working again so I'm wanting to make sure I haven't missed something before filing a bug report.

Update with solution:

I have manged to at least work around the issue. 

1) cp /etc/pulse/default.pa /var/lib/gdm/.config/pulse/default.pa
2) chown gdm:gdm /var/lib/gdm/.config/pulse/default.pa
3) edit /var/lib/gdm/.config/pulse/default.pa and comment out the sections loading module-bluetooth-policy and module-bluetooth-discover
4) Reboot

Once I did those, I was able to see my headset in the sound settings and set it to A2DP.

Last edited by js (2015-09-29 17:12:52)

#2 2015-09-26 20:34:17

fisco
Website

Re: [Solved with workaround] A2DP Headset, Pulseaudio 7.0 and GDM

I don't think you've missed anything. I've been working on it for a day and have the same issue. Nothing seems to work.

UPDATE:

Found something that seems to be working:

Disable gdm pulseaudio as per the wiki instructions.

Create the file ~/.config/pulse/audio.conf

Put this in that file:

[General]
Disable=Headset
Disable=Socket

Reboot.

My dual-mode headset connects with A2DP as the default and hopefully it will keep working like that.

Last edited by fisco (2015-09-26 21:17:29)

#3 2015-09-28 16:48:27

js

Re: [Solved with workaround] A2DP Headset, Pulseaudio 7.0 and GDM

Even after trying fisco's suggestion, I'm still unable to see my headset in Pulseaudio 7.0, but can see it perfectly fine in 6.0 and do everything perfectly fine as long as I have gdm's pulseaudio disabled like in the wiki.  If I unpair the headset and repair it, I can see it in Pulseaudio 7, but cannot select A2DP so I have poor sound quality.

Board footer