You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-30 17:38:10

freyr

[SOLVED] Dolphin (KDE 5) is missing "Rename with KRename"

So, after the upgrade to KDE 5, Plasma 5, Dolphin became completely useless. After some time it started to work again and it seems okay now (but it still doesn't work properly outside KDE like it used to) but now a very important feature to me, the Rename with KRename item in the context menu, is missing. The funny thing is that Dolphin4 still has that, so I could use it, but that one is missing the compress and extract menu items alltogether. And they are not just deactivated, there are no corresponding services in the Dolphin Preferences. KRename is missing from Dolphin and the archive management is missing from Dolphin4. But never mind Dolphin4 now.

Can I somehow re-add KRename to Dolphin? I use it a lot and it's much easier to choose the files in Dolphin then click Rename with KRename instead of opening KRename, searching for the files I want to rename, reorder them because KRename inserts them in a messed up order and finally rename them. It's a pain in the a** that way.

Last edited by freyr (2015-09-30 18:52:01)

What, so everyone's supposed to sleep every single night now? You realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?

#2 2015-09-30 18:37:21

arojas
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Dolphin (KDE 5) is missing "Rename with KRename"

ln -s /usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus/krename_*.desktop ~/.local/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/

Last edited by arojas (2015-09-30 18:39:53)

#3 2015-09-30 18:51:10

freyr

Re: [SOLVED] Dolphin (KDE 5) is missing "Rename with KRename"

arojas wrote:
ln -s /usr/share/kde4/services/ServiceMenus/krename_*.desktop ~/.local/share/kservices5/ServiceMenus/

Wow. That was easy. How could I not think of this?
Thanks!!

What, so everyone's supposed to sleep every single night now? You realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?

Board footer