You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-11 04:19:37

sudojar

Issues with DBus

Hi! I don't know where to post this, so sorry if it is in the wrong section.

Yesterday, I re-installed arch because I had some issues with it and couldn't chroot. Anyways, I got it set up and running. I installed plank and noticed I got some DBus errors and I uninstalled it because I didin't feel plank was necessary but I noticed I the desktop notifications weren't showing at all, I went into my windows manager configuration and selected a 'theme' for the desktop notifications and I got this error after selecting one of them:

StartSereviceByName para org.freedesktop.Notifications: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ChildExited: Process org.freedesktop.Notifications exited with status 1 

I do not know how to fix this. Apparently, dbus had a big update and changed somethings about it, so now I do not know what to do. Can anyone help me fix it?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2015-10-11 15:51:00

sobralense

Re: Issues with DBus

Related? https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/46374
I use startx (xorg-xinit package).
Some dbus erros like gnome-terminal won't open, solved for me copying /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc to .xinitrc

Or just "dbus-update-activation-environment --systemd --all"  on terminal to see if it persists.

#3 2015-10-15 00:07:44

sudojar

Re: Issues with DBus

I don't use startx, I use startxfce4 and nothing else because that's all I needed before, I suppose maybe this is what causes the error. I ran "dbus-update-activation-environment --systemd --all" on the terminal and now plank runs perfectly, I read the bug report and the guy with the problem just added that line into his xinit, so I'll try to do that. Thanks!

#4 2015-10-15 12:39:27

Raynman

Board footer