You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-13 08:33:25

cutuchiqueno

Does Arch Linux provide the GHC HDBC abstraction layer for sqlite3?

I was looking in the official repositories, the arch-haskell repositories and the AUR for the Haskell GHC HDBC abstraction layer for sqlit3 but I couldn't find it. In Debian/Ubuntu packages it appears under the name libghc-hdbc-sqlite3-dev.

However, before looking for other installation options (like form source) I wanted to really make sure that I did not overlook something due to different naming conventions because I was quiet surprised not finding this common piece of software somewhere.

Thanks for your attention for this quiet uninteresting question.

#2 2015-10-13 12:07:23

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Does Arch Linux provide the GHC HDBC abstraction layer for sqlite3?

Debian/Ubuntu  tend to use multiple packages where archlinux uses 1 .

What files are in the libghc-hdbc-sqlite3-dev package, and are they present on your system already ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2015-10-14 20:21:26

cutuchiqueno

Ubuntu lists the following files (older version of GHC):

/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3.hi
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3/Connection.hi
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3/ConnectionImpl.hi
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3/Consts.hi
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3/Statement.h
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3/Types.hi
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/Database/HDBC/Sqlite3/Utils.hi
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/HSHDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0.o
/usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc/lib/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0/ghc-7.6.3/libHSHDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0.a
/usr/share/doc/libghc-hdbc-sqlite3-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libghc-hdbc-sqlite3-dev/copyright
/var/lib/ghc/package.conf.d/HDBC-sqlite3-2.3.3.0.conf

I don't have them installed on my machine

There are two packages from hackage which needs these files: HDBC and HDBC-sqlite3, both not in the repositories of Arch or Arch-Haskell (at least when I look for them using pacman -Ss). So I would probably install them with cabal/stack. But the tutorial I am working on says it's useless without the ghc related packages.

#4 2015-10-15 14:57:58

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

No sign of those files in offical repos anywhere.

You could try creating an aur packoge that uses the files from the deb pacakge, but haskell is kind of  special.
I suggest you check https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ArchHaskell and send a message about this to the mailing list mentioned there.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer