You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-24 02:16:07

basica

Checking the integrity of downloaded packages

I've installed a few things recently, and after installing them I have found that they won't run. After investigation I find some packages I installed previously were corrupt and my attempting to reinstall them tells me that the packages' signatures don't match and if I want to delete them and so on. After deleted them, re-downloading them I then I have had to force install them as I either can't remove them because I get messages that the files are blank and won't be touched or I have this dependency hell that I have to sort through before I can remove them (if there's a better way of handling it, much appreciate feedback.

Anyways, I know that pacman ought to check the integrity of files during installs but for some reason, some packages have gone through corrupt. I don't know if there are any others so is there a way to go through my cached packages and check their integrity, or am I better off reinstalling everything? Also, should I switch mirrors? Something that's probably related is that I've noticed on more than one occasion my main mirror that I am using can't find a package so it has to download from somewhere else. I have switched between a couple and encountered the same issue. I'm not sure if this means these mirrors are just not up to date or if it's an indication of something wrong with my machine, but I have been running arch a couple years now and I don't remember ever seeing these pacman update issues previously.

EDIT:

This is the first packages I noticed, I remembered at the time to copy/paste my history but didn't do it the other times, but it was essentially the same issue the other 2 times. Here below are the commands I ran and the errors I got. It all started with me being unable to start chromium after an update so I decided to try it in the terminal to see what errors I would get:

[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ chro
chromedriver  chromium      chroot        
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ chromium 
/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3: file too short
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ s[ac
> ^C
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ spac
[sudo] password for basica: 
:: Synchronizing package datab
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) avahi-0.6.32rc-1

Total Installed Size:  2.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                       [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                     [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                          [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                    [######################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
avahi: /etc/avahi/avahi-autoipd.action exists in filesystemases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ pacman -S^C
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ pacwrapper samba
1) extra/libwbclient 4.3.1-1
    Samba winbind client library
2) extra/samba 4.3.1-1
    SMB Fileserver and AD Domain server
3) extra/smb4k 1.2.0-2
    A KDE program that browses samba shares
4) community/g2sc 0.2-5
    Samba gtk2 client
5) community/nautilus-share 0.7.3-7
    Nautilus extension to share folder using Samba
6) community/nemo-share 2.6.0-2
    Samba extension for Nemo
7) community/perl-crypt-smbhash 0.12-3
    Perl/CPAN Module Crypt::SmbHash : Perl-only implementation of lanman and nt md4 hash functions, for use in Samba style smbpasswd entries.
which package do you wish to install (q to cancel): 2
resolving dependencies...

Packages (12) cifs-utils-6.4-1  gamin-0.1.10-8  iniparser-4.0-2  ldb-1.1.21-1  libbsd-0.7.0-1  libcap-ng-0.7.7-1  libwbclient-4.3.1-1  smbclient-4.3.1-1  talloc-2.1.3-1  tdb-1.3.7-1
              tevent-0.9.25-1  samba-4.3.1-1

Total Download Size:   10.96 MiB
Total Installed Size:  58.23 MiB

:: Retrieving packages ...
 gamin-0.1.10-8-x86_64                                                                       43.1 KiB   166K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 talloc-2.1.3-1-x86_64                                                                       53.5 KiB   156K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 tevent-0.9.25-1-x86_64                                                                      37.1 KiB   265K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 tdb-1.3.7-1-x86_64                                                                          62.7 KiB   330K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 ldb-1.1.21-1-x86_64                                                                        154.6 KiB   148K/s 00:01 [######################################################################] 100%
 libbsd-0.7.0-1-x86_64                                                                      119.6 KiB   129K/s 00:01 [######################################################################] 100%
 iniparser-4.0-2-x86_64                                                                      11.5 KiB   107K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 libcap-ng-0.7.7-1-x86_64                                                                    33.7 KiB   298K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 libwbclient-4.3.1-1-x86_64                                                                  30.9 KiB   386K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 cifs-utils-6.4-1-x86_64                                                                     71.2 KiB   475K/s 00:00 [######################################################################] 100%
 smbclient-4.3.1-1-x86_64                                                                     5.6 MiB   183K/s 00:32 [######################################################################] 100%
 samba-4.3.1-1-x86_64                                                                         4.7 MiB   144K/s 00:33 [######################################################################] 100%
(12/12) checking keys in keyring                                                                                     [######################################################################] 100%
(12/12) checking package integrity                                                                                   [######################################################################] 100%
(12/12) loading package files                                                                                        [######################################################################] 100%
(12/12) checking for file conflicts                                                                                  [######################################################################] 100%
(12/12) checking available disk space                                                                                [######################################################################] 100%
( 1/12) installing gamin                                                                                             [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for gamin
    python2: for the python module [installed]
( 2/12) installing talloc                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for talloc
    python2: for python bindings [installed]
( 3/12) installing tevent                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for tevent
( 4/12) installing tdb                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for tdb
( 5/12) installing ldb                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for ldb
( 6/12) installing libbsd                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
( 7/12) installing iniparser                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
( 8/12) installing libcap-ng                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
( 9/12) installing libwbclient                                                                                       [######################################################################] 100%
(10/12) installing cifs-utils                                                                                        [######################################################################] 100%
(11/12) installing smbclient                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
(12/12) installing samba                                                                                             [######################################################################] 100%
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so.7 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhowl.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhowl.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3.5.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so.7.0.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so.1.0.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3.2.9 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so.1.0.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so.0.0.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhowl.so.0.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so.0.1.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so.0.1.4 is empty, not checked.
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ pacwrapper avahi
1) extra/avahi 0.6.32rc-1 [installed]
    Multicast DNS-SD / Zeroconf Suite
which package do you wish to install (q to cancel): 1
warning: avahi-0.6.32rc-1 is up to date -- reinstalling

(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                       [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                     [######################################################################] 100%
error: avahi: signature from "Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) <jan.steffens@gmail.com>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/avahi-0.6.32rc-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature))
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ pacwrapper avahi
1) extra/avahi 0.6.32rc-1 [installed]
    Multicast DNS-SD / Zeroconf Suite
which package do you wish to install (q to cancel): 1

Total Download Size:   0.43 MiB

:: Retrieving packages ...
error: failed retrieving file 'avahi-0.6.32rc-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.uberglobalmirror.com : Resolving timed out after 10524 milliseconds
error: failed retrieving file 'avahi-0.6.32rc-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from archlinux.mirror.digitalpacific.com.au : Resolving timed out after 10526 milliseconds
error: failed retrieving file 'avahi-0.6.32rc-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz' from mirror.aarnet.edu.au : Resolving timed out after 10526 milliseconds
 avahi-0.6.32rc-1-x86_64                                                                    437.3 KiB   100K/s 00:04 [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                          [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                    [######################################################################] 100%
avahi: /etc/avahi/avahi-autoipd.action exists in filesystem
avahi: /etc/avahi/avahi-dnsconfd.action exists in filesystem
avahi: /etc/dbus-1/system.d/avahi-dbus.conf exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-autoipd exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-bookmarks exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-browse exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-browse-domains exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-daemon exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-discover exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-discover-standalone exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-dnsconfd exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-publish exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-publish-address exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-publish-service exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-resolve exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-resolve-address exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-resolve-host-name exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/avahi-set-host-name exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/bshell exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/bssh exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/bin/bvnc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-client/client.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-client/lookup.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-client/publish.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/address.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/alternative.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/cdecl.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/defs.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/domain.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/error.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/gccmacro.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/llist.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/malloc.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/rlist.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/simple-watch.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/strlst.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/thread-watch.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/timeval.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-common/watch.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/corby/buffer.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/corby/channel.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/corby/corby.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/corby/message.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/corby/object.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/corby/orb.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/discovery/discovery.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/discovery/text_record.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/howl.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/rendezvous/rendezvous.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/rendezvous/text_record.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/address.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/debug.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/interface.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/platform.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/salt.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/signal.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/socket.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/salt/time.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-libdns_sd/dns_sd.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-core/core.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-core/log.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-core/lookup.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-core/publish.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-core/rr.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-glib/glib-malloc.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-glib/glib-watch.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-client.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-entry-group.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-enums.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-error.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-record-browser.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-service-browser.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-gobject/ga-service-resolver.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-qt4/qt-watch.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-ui/avahi-ui.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/dns_sd.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/howl exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/girepository-1.0/Avahi-0.6.typelib exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/girepository-1.0/AvahiCore-0.6.typelib exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3.2.9 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3.5.3 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so.7 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so.7.0.2 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so.1 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so.1.0.2 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so.0 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so.0.0.4 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so.1 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so.1.0.2 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so.0 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so.0.1.4 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so.0 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so.0.1.4 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so.1 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so.1.0.0 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libhowl.so exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libhowl.so.0 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/libhowl.so.0.0.0 exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/avahi-sharp/avahi-sharp.dll exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/avahi-ui-sharp/avahi-ui-sharp.dll exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-sharp/1.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-sharp.dll exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-sharp/1.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-sharp.dll.config exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-sharp/1.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-sharp.dll.mdb exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-ui-sharp/0.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-ui-sharp.dll exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-ui-sharp/0.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-ui-sharp.dll.config exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-ui-sharp/0.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-ui-sharp.dll.mdb exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-client.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-compat-howl.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-compat-libdns_sd.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-core.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-glib.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-gobject.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-qt4.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-sharp.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-ui-gtk3.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-ui-sharp.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/avahi-ui.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/pkgconfig/howl.pc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi/ServiceTypeDatabase.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi/__init__.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi/__init__.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi/__init__.pyo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi_discover/__init__.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi_discover/__init__.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi_discover/__init__.pyo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/ServiceTypeDatabase.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/__init__.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-35.opt-1.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-35.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.service exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.socket exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/systemd/system/avahi-dnsconfd.service exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/applications/avahi-discover.desktop exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/applications/bssh.desktop exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/applications/bvnc.desktop exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/avahi/avahi-service.dtd exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/avahi/interfaces/avahi-discover.ui exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.AddressResolver.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.DomainBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.EntryGroup.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.HostNameResolver.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.RecordBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.Server.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.ServiceBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.ServiceResolver.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.ServiceTypeBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.Avahi.service exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/gir-1.0/Avahi-0.6.gir exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/gir-1.0/AvahiCore-0.6.gir exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ach/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/cs/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/en_AU/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/en_CA/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/en_GB/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/en_NZ/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/eo/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/fa/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/fi/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/fo/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/gl/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/he/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/hu/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/id/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ko_KR/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/lv/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ms/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/pt_BR/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ro/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/sl/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/sr/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/sr@latin/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/sv/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/tr/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/uk/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/avahi.mo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-bookmarks.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-browse-domains.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-browse.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-discover.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-publish-address.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-publish-service.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-publish.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-resolve-address.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-resolve-host-name.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-resolve.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/avahi-set-host-name.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/bssh.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man1/bvnc.1.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man5/avahi-daemon.conf.5.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man5/avahi.hosts.5.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man5/avahi.service.5.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man8/avahi-autoipd.8.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man8/avahi-autoipd.action.8.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man8/avahi-daemon.8.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man8/avahi-dnsconfd.8.gz exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/man/man8/avahi-dnsconfd.action.8.gz exists in filesystem
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -R avah
error: target not found: avah
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -R avahi
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: libcups: requires avahi
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -RS avahi
error: only one operation may be used at a time
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Rs avahi
checking dependencies...
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Rs samba
checking dependencies...

Packages (13) cifs-utils-6.4-1  gamin-0.1.10-8  iniparser-4.0-2  ldb-1.1.21-1  libaio-0.3.110-1  libbsd-0.7.0-1  libcap-ng-0.7.7-1  libwbclient-4.3.1-1  smbclient-4.3.1-1  talloc-2.1.3-1
              tdb-1.3.7-1  tevent-0.9.25-1  samba-4.3.1-1

Total Removed Size:  58.26 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] 
( 1/13) removing samba                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
( 2/13) removing smbclient                                                                                           [######################################################################] 100%
( 3/13) removing ldb                                                                                                 [######################################################################] 100%
( 4/13) removing tevent                                                                                              [######################################################################] 100%
( 5/13) removing tdb                                                                                                 [######################################################################] 100%
( 6/13) removing cifs-utils                                                                                          [######################################################################] 100%
( 7/13) removing talloc                                                                                              [######################################################################] 100%
( 8/13) removing libcap-ng                                                                                           [######################################################################] 100%
( 9/13) removing libwbclient                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
(10/13) removing libbsd                                                                                              [######################################################################] 100%
(11/13) removing libaio                                                                                              [######################################################################] 100%
(12/13) removing iniparser                                                                                           [######################################################################] 100%
(13/13) removing gamin                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so.7 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so.1 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhowl.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhowl.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3.5.3 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-core.so.7.0.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-qt4.so.1.0.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3.2.9 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-glib.so.1.0.2 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-gobject.so.0.0.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libdns_sd.so.1.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libhowl.so.0.0.0 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui.so.0.1.4 is empty, not checked.
ldconfig: File /usr/lib/libavahi-ui-gtk3.so.0.1.4 is empty, not checked.
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Rs avahi
checking dependencies...
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Rs libcups
checking dependencies...
:: gtk2: requires libcups
:: gtk3: requires libcups
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -S avahi

avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/discovery/discovery.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/discovery/text_record.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/rendezvous/rendezvous.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/rendezvous/text_record.h exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-sharp/1.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-sharp.dll exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-sharp/1.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-sharp.dll.config exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-sharp/1.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-sharp.dll.mdb exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-ui-sharp/0.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-ui-sharp.dll exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-ui-sharp/0.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-ui-sharp.dll.config exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/mono/gac/avahi-ui-sharp/0.0.0.0__4d116c78973743f5/avahi-ui-sharp.dll.mdb exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi/ServiceTypeDatabase.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi_discover/__init__.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi_discover/__init__.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avahi_discover/__init__.pyo exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/ServiceTypeDatabase.py exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-35.opt-1.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/avahi/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-35.pyc exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.AddressResolver.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.DomainBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.EntryGroup.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.HostNameResolver.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.RecordBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.Server.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.ServiceBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.ServiceResolver.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/org.freedesktop.Avahi.ServiceTypeBrowser.xml exists in filesystem
avahi: /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.Avahi.service exists in filesystem
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Sf avahi
error: invalid option '-f'
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu avahi
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date

[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Syuf avahi
error: invalid option '-f'
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ man pacman | grep force
           Specify when to enable coloring. Valid options are always, never, or auto.  always forces colors on; never forces colors off; and auto only automatically enables colors when
       --force
           those files to be overwritten. Using --force will not allow overwriting a directory with a file or installing packages with conflicting files and directories. This option should
           --refresh or -y flags will force a refresh of all package lists, even if they appear to be up- to-date.
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu --force avahi
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date

(1/1) checking available disk space                                                                                  [######################################################################] 100%
(1/1) reinstalling avahi                                                                                             [######################################################################] 100%
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu --force samba
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date

Packages (13) cifs-utils-6.4-1  gamin-0.1.10-8  iniparser-4.0-2  ldb-1.1.21-1  libaio-0.3.110-1  libbsd-0.7.0-1  libcap-ng-0.7.7-1  libwbclient-4.3.1-1  smbclient-4.3.1-1  talloc-2.1.3-1
              tdb-1.3.7-1  tevent-0.9.25-1  samba-4.3.1-1

Total Installed Size:  58.26 MiB

(13/13) checking keys in keyring                                                                                     [######################################################################] 100%
(13/13) checking package integrity                                                                                   [######################################################################] 100%
(13/13) loading package files                                                                                        [######################################################################] 100%
(13/13) checking for file conflicts                                                                                  [######################################################################] 100%
(13/13) checking available disk space                                                                                [######################################################################] 100%
( 1/13) installing gamin                                                                                             [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for gamin
    python2: for the python module [installed]
( 2/13) installing talloc                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for talloc
( 3/13) installing tevent                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for tevent
( 4/13) installing tdb                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for tdb
( 5/13) installing ldb                                                                                               [######################################################################] 100%
Optional dependencies for ldb
( 6/13) installing libbsd                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
( 7/13) installing iniparser                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
( 8/13) installing libaio                                                                                            [######################################################################] 100%
( 9/13) installing libcap-ng                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
(10/13) installing libwbclient                                                                                       [######################################################################] 100%
(11/13) installing cifs-utils                                                                                        [######################################################################] 100%
(12/13) installing smbclient                                                                                         [######################################################################] 100%
(13/13) installing samba                                                                                             [######################################################################] 100%
[basica@arch-lappy ~]$ chromium 
[1094:1094:1021/210823:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Not allowed to load local resource: chrome://theme/IDR_THEME_NTP_BACKGROUND?", source: https://www.google.com.au/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8 (0)
[1094:1094:1021/210823:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Not allowed to load local resource: chrome://theme/IDR_THEME_NTP_BACKGROUND?", source: https://www.google.com.au/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8 (0)
[1094:1094:1021/210828:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Not allowed to load local resource: chrome://theme/IDR_THEME_NTP_BACKGROUND?", source: https://www.google.com.au/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8 (0)
[1094:1094:1021/210828:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Not allowed to load local resource: chrome://theme/IDR_THEME_NTP_BACKGROUND?", source: https://www.google.com.au/_/chrome/newtab?espv=2&ie=UTF-8 (0

Last edited by basica (2015-10-24 02:31:27)

#2 2015-10-24 03:07:12

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: Checking the integrity of downloaded packages

Sounds like disk/filesystem corruption to me.

#3 2015-10-24 04:18:00

basica

I suspected that as well, but I found it a bit coincidence that both the package and the files that belong to it got corrupt, no? Perhaps I don't know enough about it. In any case I'll probably give it a format and a disk check if any other advice here doesn't fix the problem.

#4 2015-10-24 04:37:41

Scimmia
Fellow

It doesn't necessarily mean the disk is bad, could just be from an unclean shutdown

#5 2015-10-24 05:35:29

basica

I see. Cheers. I decided to play around with btrfs this time round so that might be why -- and I have probably had a couple of unclean shutdowns. I got my arch live usb and ran btrfs check --repair on my drive, it seemed to have found something so I'll see how things go from here.

Board footer