You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-29 12:24:09

dgrohl91

New to Arch, advices for some errors

Hi, I've installed Arch in my XPS 15 (9530) but i've noticed some errors that i would like to resolve.

First question: bumblebee. I've read the documentation but really don't know how I have to install it, because I can't find the right driver or, probably, I don't know how. My dGPU is a 750M.

Later, the suspend function is not working right at all, when I close de laptop it  suspends aparently fine, but if I open it, firstly the screen show the desktop for a couple of seconds but the mouse pointer is frozen, then, the screen turns black and I have to shutdown the machine.

And finally, battery problems. While the battery last almost 6 hours in Windows, in Arch, barely gets to the three. I've read the wiki page for my model, but the Power Management Section is empty.

Thank a lot!

#2 2015-10-29 13:29:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: New to Arch, advices for some errors

Welcome to the forums.  I doubt this will be a productive thread: each thread should focus on one issue, not three.

You should start a thread for each of these issues with a descriptive title to get the attention of people who could actually help.  Your current title says nothing.  You are posting in the Newbie Corner, one would suspect you are new to arch, and this is a help forum, so we know you are looking for advice on some errors.  Put the problem or the errors in the title.

I'll close this for now and move it to our dustbin later today after you get a chance to start new threads.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer